[mythtv-users] Only one of two IR receivers are configured during boot

lists at arewethere.net lists at arewethere.net
Thu Jan 2 01:45:42 UTC 2020

On Thu, Jan 02, 2020 at 01:48:43AM +0100, Peter Carlsson wrote:

> Thanks for the help! But will this take me all the way?

Nope. What I sent would only set up the symlink.

> Maybe I misunderstand something but this will only ensure that I always
> have the same symlink names? What I also think is needed is for the
> Hauppauge card to also load the correct IR driver.

In dmesg after a reboot do you see complaints about missing firmware?
The Hauppage cards seem to want some firmware blobs that may not be
available in Debian.

If you know what module is needed you may need to give the kernel
a prod with a file in /etc/modprobe.d
This may help:
https://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-NOVA-T-500

It may be possible to tell udev to load the module but I don't
know how at the moment.

Cheers