[mythtv-users] Recording IPTV?

Ian Cameron mkbloke at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 21:49:30 UTC 2020

On Thu, 20 Feb 2020 at 21:24, Peter Carlsson <maillist.peter at home.se> wrote:

> I did a first attempt with some free Play services that does not require
> any credentials but it did not work and it looks like this:
>
> #EXTM3U
>
> #EXTINF:0,4004 - SVT1 HD
> #EXTMYTHTV:xmltvid=svt1.svt.se
> #EXTVLCOPT:program=1234
> https://www.svtplay.se/kanaler/svt1?start=auto
>
> #EXTINF:0,4096 - SVT2 HD
> #EXTMYTHTV:xmltvid=svt2.svt.se
> #EXTVLCOPT:program=1235
> https://www.svtplay.se/kanaler/svt2?start=auto
>
> Compared to your example I don't really know what to fill in for the
> different fields. The URLs are copied exactly as they look at the Play
> service page but do I also have to enter some additional parameters like
> you have (src, freq, msys, etc.) and with what?

The URLs you're using above are for website access via a browser.  You need
streaming URLs here.

I notice the streamlink project [https://streamlink.github.io/] has a
plugin for SVT.  If you can install that and then by using either of the
URLs you're using above, to get a video stream played, then you could look
at using streamlink in conjunction with MythTV's external recorder
functionality [https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/ExternalRecorder].  That seems
like a reasonable way forward to me.

--
Cheers, Ian