[mythtv-users] Recording IPTV?

Peter Carlsson maillist.peter at home.se
Thu Feb 20 21:23:16 UTC 2020

On Sun, Feb 02, 2020 at 03:47:11PM +1300, Stephen Worthington wrote:
> On Sun, 2 Feb 2020 00:42:52 +0100, you wrote:

> >> That could be made to work in MythTV as long as the credentials are
> >> sent as part of the URL, rather than negotiated separately.  If they
> >> are separately negotiated, then you would probably need to write code
> >> (eg in Python) to create an external recorder for mythbackend.
> >
> >That sounds encouraging.
> >
> >I did a quick test with curl and it seems to work to provide the
> >credentials in the call.
> >
> >Do you have any pointer to where I can read up on creating an
> >external recorder for the mythbackend?
>
> If it works with curl, then there is no need for an external recorder.
> But just in case, here is the documentation on external recorders:
>
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/ExternalRecorder
>
> and here is an example of one written in Python 3:
>
> https://github.com/garybuhrmaster/mythhdhrrecorder
>
> To use MythTV directly with IPTV URLs, the documentation I worked from
> for my SAT>IP URLs is here:
>
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/IPTV_Encoders_as_a_Capture_Device
>
> Basically, you just create a .m3u file in the correct format for
> MythTV and load it in a new IPTV video source.  That sets up all the
> channels.  There is no automatic scanning to create the .m3u file -
> you have to do that yourself, and keep updating the channels as things
> change in the future.  Here is an excerpt of my playlist.m3u file, to
> show you exactly what a working one looks like:
>
> #EXTM3U
>
> #EXTINF:0,4004 - PRIME HD
> #EXTMYTHTV:xmltvid=prime.freeviewnz.tv
> #EXTVLCOPT:program=1211
> rtsp://satip.jsw.gen.nz:554/?src=1&freq=12295&msys=dvbs&plts=off&fec=34&pol=h&ro=0.35&sr=22500&mtype=qpsk&pids=0,307,1007,1107,1907
>
> #EXTINF:0,4091 - CNBC
> #EXTMYTHTV:xmltvid=cnbc.sky.co.nz
> #EXTVLCOPT:program=1095
> rtsp://satip.jsw.gen.nz:554/?src=1&freq=12394&msys=dvbs&plts=off&fec=34&pol=h&ro=0.35&sr=22500&mtype=qpsk&pids=0,310,1010,1110

I did a first attempt with some free Play services that does not require
any credentials but it did not work and it looks like this:

#EXTM3U

#EXTINF:0,4004 - SVT1 HD
#EXTMYTHTV:xmltvid=svt1.svt.se
#EXTVLCOPT:program=1234
https://www.svtplay.se/kanaler/svt1?start=auto

#EXTINF:0,4096 - SVT2 HD
#EXTMYTHTV:xmltvid=svt2.svt.se
#EXTVLCOPT:program=1235
https://www.svtplay.se/kanaler/svt2?start=auto

Compared to your example I don't really know what to fill in for the
different fields. The URLs are copied exactly as they look at the Play
service page but do I also have to enter some additional parameters like
you have (src, freq, msys, etc.) and with what?

Best regards,
Peter Carlsson