[mythtv-users] connecting android mythtv-frontend on shield to v31 backend
jfabernathy at gmail.com
Sat Feb 15 20:11:30 UTC 2020
jfabernathy at gmail.com
> On Feb 15, 2020, at 1:07 PM, James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 15, 2020, 12:36 PM Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com <mailto:pb.mythtv at gmail.com>> wrote:
> On 2/15/20 12:04 PM, James Abernathy wrote:
>> I build a test system with mythtv v31 on ubuntu 18.04. It's working fine. I want to test it with a Shield TV frontend using mythfrontend v31-Pre-1898 and I've having some issues.
>> First I used adb install to install the Shield frontend and on the shield setup I reset all the data and cache.
>> Second I made user that the v31 backend had the mythtv.cnf for for mysql (mariadb) had the # removed from the bind address statement.
> With MariaDB it needs to be set as
> bind-address = ::
> in /etc/mysql/mariadb.conf.d/50-server.cnf or whatever file has it
>> When I do the search on Shield for the backend it shows my 2 V30 backends and one V31 backend. I can't seem to connect to is. Every time I go to setup its have the database password right, but the IP is 127.0.0.1. I changed that to the right IP for the v31 backend, but it's can't connect to the database.
>> Any ideas?
> there are some options -
> 1. Set a pin on your v31 backend, then on the shield select that backend and enter the correct PIN.
> 2. Select setup on the shield and enter the correct database ip address, database, user id and password. You can check against config.xml on your server to make sure you have the correct values.
> If it still does not connect you can run adb logcat > some file and look through the file for the relevant database connection error message.
> My mysql.cnf had the localhost bind-address, but the mythtv.cnf had the right one. I think the mythtv.cnf would take precedent.
> I think it could be the fact that in mythtv-setup-> General the IP was set to 127.0.0.1. I've changed to the real IP.
> I'll test after the Liverpool game is over.
Okay I got Android mythfrontend v31 1898 on my Shield TV connected to my v31 development backend. It comes up with OpenSLES for audio and MediaCodec Normal for Video.
I don’t know if I should change the video profile as was recommended on earlier versions or not. The video quality with Video Playback Profile of Media Codec Normal is great.
As to Audio I tried AudioTrack and it works sometimes and goes mute other times. Normally when I start playing a recorded video it’s mute. Strange things like entering “A” for audio stretch and playing with that will make the audio start playing. Not sure why. So for now I’ll leave on OpenSLES.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the mythtv-users