[mythtv-users] connecting android mythtv-frontend on shield to v31 backend

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 15 18:11:14 UTC 2020

On 15/02/2020 17:35, Peter Bennett wrote:

> On 2/15/20 12:04 PM, James Abernathy wrote:
>> I build a test system with mythtv v31 on ubuntu 18.04. It's working
>> fine. I want to test it with a Shield TV frontend using mythfrontend
>> v31-Pre-1898 and I've having some issues.
>>
>> First I used adb install to install the Shield frontend and on the
>> shield setup I reset all the data and cache.
>>
>> Second I made user that the v31 backend had the mythtv.cnf for for
>> mysql (mariadb) had the # removed from the bind address statement.
>>
> With MariaDB it needs to be set as
> bind-address = ::
> in /etc/mysql/mariadb.conf.d/50-server.cnf or whatever file has it
>
>> When I do the search on Shield for the backend it shows my 2 V30
>> backends and one V31 backend. I can't seem to connect to is.  Every
>> time I go to setup its have the database password right, but the IP is
>> 127.0.0.1.  I changed that to the right IP for the v31 backend, but
>> it's can't connect to the database.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
> there are some options -
> 1. Set a pin on your v31 backend, then on the shield select that backend
> and enter the correct PIN.
> or
> 2. Select setup on the shield and enter the correct database ip address,
> database, user id and password. You can check against config.xml on your
> server to make sure you have the correct values.
>
> If it still does not connect you can run adb logcat > some file and look
> through the file for the relevant database connection error message.

The new build looks good to me, running a Firestick 4k with backend
master e3528a03.  adb install -r updated the previous install with no
other changes.  It's using software decoding on 4 cores and DVB-T2 HD is
perhaps sometimes getting near the limit, but it still looks good to me.

It doesn't have the unpredictability that TV formats in the UK cause
with the leanfront build.

Thanks!

John