[mythtv-users] Jellyfin/Plex plugin in MythTV

Rajil Saraswat rajil.s at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 15:46:48 UTC 2020

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020, 8:47 PM Kris B. <krisbee at krisbee.com> wrote:

> I’ve been using Plex for years with my myth setup - I just use mythlink,
> run it on a cron job and then Plex picks up episodes and builds
> accordingly.  No intervention needed for me, and shows I know I want my
> Roku to be able to play I will often transcode to .mp4 in myth, otherwise
> plex transcodes for me on the fly.  The difference between the two are load
> times, and ease of skipping around.
>
> --
>   Kris B.
>   krisbee at krisbee.com

I think you are sharing the mythtv files with plex, and using plex for
viewing.

What I want to do is the opposite. I want to share plex video files and
view them in MythTV. The use case i have is that the mythtv and plex server
are in different locations. I was looking for a way to share the plex
library and stream it with Mythtv.