[mythtv-users] new PC build that's MythTV compatible

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Thu Dec 3 14:32:15 UTC 2020

On Thu, 3 Dec 2020 12:27:31 +0000, you wrote:

>> What are your HD recording filesizes, in GB/hour?
>
>In the UK I generally see 1.3GB to 2GB/hour
>
>SD is normally around 750MB/hour
>
>It can vary significantly though depending on the channel and programme.
>Should be a reasonable indication of the compression.

If that is H.265 it might be ok, but if it is H.264 then it is not
what I would call HD.  Here in New Zealand our DVB-T HD programmes
(H.264) are over 3 Gibytes per hour.  But when they first started,
when there were fewer channels, they were 4.5-5.5 Gibytes per hour.
And recently the only satellite service (Sky TV NZ) has converted all
their transponders from DVB-S to DVB-S2 and a number of their channels
are now around 4 Gibytes per hour.