[mythtv-users] expire errors

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Sat Aug 29 16:59:02 UTC 2020

On Sat, Aug 29, 2020 at 10:22 AM Stephen Worthington <
stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:

> One possible route to fixing your hostname problem would be to install
> mythexport/mythimport and export all the new recordings.  You could
> then restore from the old backup and change the hostname, then use
> mythimport to restore the new recordings.

I will add that to the list of options I need to consider. My problem is
that I have also made other changes to the database since the upgrade,
because I dropped cable service and went back to OTA only with Sling, then
decided there were serious limitations to Sling's DVR; primarily, I can't
watch a recording until it is completed, and Hulu shares the same issue so
it's not just one streaming service. This one is a show stopper for me
because one of my main uses of the DVR is to time-shift games so that I can
start watching an hour late and be able to skip or FF commercials. So now
I'm back with Comcast (mysteriously I am now getting a much better price
:-) So I have deleted and added channels and capture cards, as well as
making a few other tweaks (like upping the channel recpriority on some HD
channels that have SD equivalents). Redoing all this is a pretty big task
too, so "restoring from an old backup" is not quite that simple in my case.

--Greg