[mythtv-users] expire errors

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sat Aug 29 16:21:15 UTC 2020

On Sat, 29 Aug 2020 09:58:10 -0600, you wrote:

>On Sat, Aug 29, 2020 at 6:37 AM Roland Ernst <rcrernst at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Fri, Aug 28, 2020 at 4:37 PM Greg Woods <greg at gregandeva.net> wrote:
>>

>>> For changing the hostname properly, see
>> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore
>> section "Change the hostname of a MythTV frontend or backend"
>>

>Thanks for the pointer to that, I completely missed it and now it appears I
>am hosed, because my system has been running with its new name for several
>weeks now already and I have 81 recordings with the new host name and over
>1000 with the old one. I will have to contemplate my options. One of them
>is to just delete the 81 new recordings, but I'm willing to bet that isn't
>as simple as just deleting the entries in the "recorded" table. I might be
>able to accomplish that by restoring from a database backup made before the
>host change and then doing the host name change procedure. I presume that
>will create 81 new orphaned recordings, which I might even be able to
>retrieve if I can find a way to get find_orphans.py working.

One possible route to fixing your hostname problem would be to install
mythexport/mythimport and export all the new recordings.  You could
then restore from the old backup and change the hostname, then use
mythimport to restore the new recordings.  However, I have not yet
done a Python 3 version of mythimport.  It should not be too difficult
to do as I am in the process of converting all my Python 2 to Python
3, so let me know if you want to try this.