[mythtv-users] Black screen after idle

Ian Cameron mkbloke at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 00:11:47 UTC 2020

On Thu, 20 Aug 2020 at 06:19, Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz>
wrote:

> I have also seen suggestions that even with Ctrl-Alt-Backspace
> disabled, you can use AltGr-SysReq-K to do the same thing.  AltGr =
> the right Alt key, SysReq = PrintScrn if your keyboard does not have
> those markings.  That one did not work for me when I tried it on my
> test Xubuntu 20.04.1 box, which has a clean new install of Xubuntu
> 20.04.1.

Have you looked at: /etc/sysctl.d/10-magic-sysrq.conf on your system?

On my 16.04 system it has a value of 176.  That doesn't include:

64 - enable signalling of processes (term, kill, oom-kill)

which perhaps you need?  I'm not totally sure if you need that, but I just
thought I'd mention it.

--
Cheers, Ian