[mythtv-users] Leanback on AT&T TV Android STB

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 13:33:45 UTC 2020

On 8/5/20 7:10 PM, Greg Oliver wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 5, 2020 at 5:23 PM Greg Oliver <oliver.greg at gmail.com
> <mailto:oliver.greg at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     I just moved to AT&T TV - it is 100% streaming and does not
>     require their data network.
>
>     I was able to sideload the Leanback app onto it via USB stick and
>     a file manager, but there is no ADB access or access to the logs.
>     I installed leanfront-v0-173-gdd74f11.apk
>
>     Everything plays and connects perfectly, but everytime I press
>     pause, upon resume, the video stalls while audio plays. A quick
>     jump via the arrow keys fixes it though.
>
>     It is such a pain to sideload on this thing, I'd rather not
>     downgrade, but I will if need be (assuming the issue does not
>     exist on previous versions).
>
>     It is Android 8 with 20200505 security patch, but highly AT&T
>     bastardized - they have their own slew of system apps that
>     replaced the original android stuff, so....
>
>     Anyone else have experience with this?
>
>     TiA,
>
>     Greg
>

> BTW:
>
> Peter -
>
> This is the first time I have used leanfront - I always thought it
> would lack compared to mythfrontend (I have not sideloaded it on this
> device yet), but it actually does almost everything I want, and quite
> possibly I just do not know how to use it yet, so I am still playing,
> so THANKS!

Greg

I do not believe downgrading to an earlier version of leanfront will help.

Is it possible that it is a temporary freeze? Often, after resuming
pause,  the video is frozen for a few seconds and then continues. How
long have you tried waiting for the video to continue?

If that does not help, if you disable audio and re-enable audio (by
clicking the "ear" icon until audio is disabled, then clicking the "ear"
icon again to enable it), does that fix it? This is obviously not an
acceptable thing to do every time but it may give me a clue on how to
fix the problem.

Peter