[mythtv-users] Leanback on AT&T TV Android STB

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 23:10:02 UTC 2020

On Wed, Aug 5, 2020 at 5:23 PM Greg Oliver <oliver.greg at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just moved to AT&T TV - it is 100% streaming and does not require their
> data network.
>
> I was able to sideload the Leanback app onto it via USB stick and a file
> manager, but there is no ADB access or access to the logs.  I installed
> leanfront-v0-173-gdd74f11.apk
>
> Everything plays and connects perfectly, but everytime I press pause, upon
> resume, the video stalls while audio plays.  A quick jump via the arrow
> keys fixes it though.
>
> It is such a pain to sideload on this thing, I'd rather not downgrade, but
> I will if need be (assuming the issue does not exist on previous versions).
>
> It is Android 8 with 20200505 security patch, but highly AT&T bastardized
> - they have their own slew of system apps that replaced the original
> android stuff, so....
>
> Anyone else have experience with this?
>
> TiA,
>
> Greg

BTW:

Peter -

This is the first time I have used leanfront - I always thought it would
lack compared to mythfrontend (I have not sideloaded it on this device
yet), but it actually does almost everything I want, and quite possibly I
just do not know how to use it yet, so I am still playing, so THANKS!