[mythtv-users] git choas

jam at tigger.ws jam at tigger.ws
Sun Aug 2 14:09:59 UTC 2020

John

>> I tracked down the problem - it wasn't the install script, but I did mess up ansible by removing the pip package requirement.  I've sent a patch to Bill and once he corrects my mistake in the ansible repo everything should be back to a working state.
>>
>> James - Bill just pushed the "pip" fix to mythtv's ansible repo as well as added the compile script to packaging.  When you have a moment (certainly no rush), please try to kickoff another build - I'm optimistic that this should fix the problems you had earlier.
>
> a fresh VM, macports, xcode.
> build with script - ok
> set resolution to low []
> Run. Everything I looked at in 5 min was ok, including meta data lookup.

5 min of spelunking, all was good, but if ... and I think if you are struggling here you should not be trying to build ...

run compileBla.zsh

builds mythtv-31 (whatever) including ansible including compileBla.zsh

It was a dark and stormy night the captain said to his men "gather round I've a terrible tale to tell". And this is the tale he told "It was a dark and stormy night ..."

James