[mythtv-users] running mythfrontend from command line on Ubuntu 20.04 fails

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 12:56:39 UTC 2020

So I have a new installation of mythtv V31 on Ubuntu 20.04. Everything is
working fine, but when I try to run mythfrontend from the command line I
get this error:

jim at mythbuntu:~$ mythfrontend
qt.qpa.xcb: could not connect to display localhost:0.0
qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin "xcb" in "" even
though it was found.
This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be
initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Available platform plugins are: eglfs, linuxfb, minimal, minimalegl,
offscreen, vnc, xcb.

Aborted (core dumped)

It runs fine when I click on the app icon though.

Has something changed?

Jim A