[mythtv-users] Problems on an upgraded computer.

Douglas Peale Douglas_Peale at Comcast.net
Sat Nov 23 06:49:53 UTC 2019

On 11/18/19 9:59 PM, Mark Perkins wrote:
> Need to update hostname before starting backend.
>
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Backend_migration
>
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore#Change_the_hostname_of_a_MythTV_frontend_or_backend

I wiped out the old database and created a new clean one
    cd /usr/share/mythtv/sql
    sudo mysql -uroot -p < mc.sql

I set the password back to the old password
    sudo mysql -u root -pSE
    mysql> SET PASSWORD FOR 'mythtv'@'localhost' = "Old Password";

I restored the last working database from my old machine
    /usr/share/mythtv/mythconverg_restore.pl --verbose --drop_database --create_database --filename
mythconverg-1344-20180802130001.sql.gz

I changed the host name (Note that the command from the first link you sent did not work)
    /usr/share/mythtv/mythconverg_restore.pl --change_hostname --old_hostname="XXXX" --new_hostname="YYYY"

Everything looks the way it did on my old machine, but live TV still did not work.

Today I noticed that MythTV had successfully recorded a show, but there were also failed recordings listed. On a hunch, I
deleted all of my tuners again, and re-created them.

After this, Live TV is working again.

This problem is solved.

Thank you for the help