[mythtv-users] mythtv-leanfront and DVB-T2 recordings

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 18:15:22 UTC 2019

After my recent post that mentioned not being able to predict whether an
h264 recording would play to the end in the leanfront, it seemed worth
trying a modification of my mythTScut script, using its no-cuts option
and trying to deinterlace.  Changing

" -map 0:0 -c:v copy -map 1:1 -c:a copy "

" -vf "bwdif" -c:v libx264 -preset medium -c:a copy "

gave a file that played on beyond the point at which the video had
previously frozen - but rather slowly, in my case about 6 times real
time for a BBC1 HD News item.  I used q to quit, rather than waiting for
ffmpeg to finish. The process also complained several times about
corrupt video data, so the interlace might not have been the only reason
for the freeze.  Playback quality in leanfront was fine.

Other filter/preset combinations might give a better balance - or
perhaps handbrake?

John P