[mythtv-users] metadata lookup ttvdb not grabbing artwork

Jay Foster jayf0ster at roadrunner.com
Sun Nov 17 18:58:32 UTC 2019

On 11/17/19 7:10 AM, glen wrote:
> On Sun, 2019-11-17 at 09:23 -0500, John Hoyt wrote:
>> On Sun, Nov 17, 2019 at 9:20 AM John Hoyt <john.hoyt at gmail.com
>> <mailto:john.hoyt at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>> I think it may be on thetvdb's end currently as Plex is also having
>>> trouble.  I'm not sure if this is due to thetvdb's site upgrade or a
>>> change in the protocol.  I'm going to give it until next weekend
>>> until panicking.
>>>

>> ...after doing 10sec of research, it looks like thetvdb reved their
>> API: https://forums.plex.tv/t/notice-metadata-using-tvdb-agent/491272
>>
>> I'm not sure when mythtv will catch up.
>> MythTV Forums:
>> https://forum.mythtv.org
> thanks for the reply. i did find the the recent ticket and applied the patch in there. it did not solve the issue i
> i am having but i am sure helps. there is also the git for tvdb_api outside of mythtv so i am hopeful.
> for anyone else, recent ticket is:https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/13510  and git for tvdb_api is:
> https://github.com/dbr/tvdb_api.

I have noticed the same kinds of issues.  Some of my recordings still
get fanart, some no longer do (recorded on the same channel on the same
day).  Some are getting the wrong fan art (before last week, Evil got
the correct fan art, this week it was for a show called Evil Ed).  If I
get a chance, I will see if I can backport the patch shown in the mythtv
ticket (above).  I'm on 0.28.