[mythtv-users] Trouble with recording groups

Stephan Seitz stse+mythtv at fsing.rootsland.net
Fri Nov 8 13:11:24 UTC 2019

On Fr, Nov 08, 2019 at 02:04:57 +0100, Jan Ceuleers wrote:
>I take it that there are channels that are available on both DVB-S and

Yes, indeed. The DVB-C channels are for the most part a subset of the
DVB-S channels.

>DVB-C. You should assign the same xmltv IDs to those channels across the
>two input sources, so that the same guide data is loaded for both
>instances of that channel, and you should also assign them the same
>channel numbers and callsigns, so that the scheduler sees them as one
>and the same channel.

Hm, that sound like you are using an external programme for the channel
data? As I said I’m using the EPG data from the tuner (EIT). Does this
work as well? If yes I would use the EPG data from DVB-S for the DVB-C
channels.

Shade and sweet water!

	Stephan

--
|    If your life was a horse, you'd have to shoot it.    |