[mythtv-users] SQL version?

Tim Draper veehexx at zoho.com
Sun Nov 3 15:02:02 UTC 2019

 ---- On Sun, 03 Nov 2019 14:44:23 +0000 Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote ----
 > On Sun, 03 Nov 2019 12:31:27 +0000, you wrote:
 >
 > >what's the current SQL recommendation for mythtv v30? is the latest mariadb (currently 10.4.8) supported? i cant find anything recent about versions on the mythtv or compiling wikis
 >
 > Since there seem to be some incompatibilities in the latest MySQL
 > version, if they are also in the newer MariaDB versions it would be
 > best to avoid that.  In Ubuntu 18.04, the MariaDB version is currently
 > 10.1.41, so that would be a safe choice.  A lot of people will be
 > running v30 with that, as I am.

decided to give the latest mariadb a go - seems to work.  backup from mysql 5.7 & stop container, spin up mariadb 10.4.8 on same port, recreate db&mythtv user manually and finally restore backup.
BE connects and shows clients reconnecting, mythweb happy and no errors in 'mythbackend' console for the first few minutes of startup. FE plays back fine and feels like it's a tad quicker although could well be placebo.

guess we'll see over the next week if anything shows itself.