[mythtv-users] SQL version?

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sun Nov 3 14:44:23 UTC 2019

On Sun, 03 Nov 2019 12:31:27 +0000, you wrote:

>a number of months ago i migrated my server from locally installed services to docker. This included mysql 5.7. Since i had a number of other systems to move into docker as well, i simply went for same-versions to ensure things moved smoothly.
>
>what's the current SQL recommendation for mythtv v30? is the latest mariadb (currently 10.4.8) supported? i cant find anything recent about versions on the mythtv or compiling wikis

Since there seem to be some incompatibilities in the latest MySQL
version, if they are also in the newer MariaDB versions it would be
best to avoid that.  In Ubuntu 18.04, the MariaDB version is currently
10.1.41, so that would be a safe choice.  A lot of people will be
running v30 with that, as I am.