[mythtv-users] Tuning fails on Nova S2 HD with "Error parsing parameters" 29.1

Mike Bibbings mike.bibbings at gmail.com
Tue May 28 16:12:24 UTC 2019

On 28/05/2019 16:48, Paul Gardiner wrote:
> On 28/05/2019 11:28, Mike Bibbings wrote:
>> Ignore my previous comment about the Escape key, it was due to me
>> using ssh to run mythtv-setup on remote machine, the Left arrow
>> comment still applies.
>>
>> I am assuming that mythbackend has been stopped before using
>> mythtv-setup using systemctl commands in a terminal session and is
>> running on a debian based operating system with systemd (includes
>> current Ubuntu etc).
>>
>> If you get the "WARNING: The backend is currently running" screen
>> with Stop Backend and Continue highlighted (it does not actually stop
>> mythbackend),  select Exit and use a terminal session
>>
>> sudo systemctl stop mythtv-backend
>>
>> then
>>
>> mythtv-setup
>>

>> I have rechecked on current mythtv 29 (built from source).
>>
>> The only times I get the "Error parsing parameters" message with Full
>> Scan (Tuned) using defaults for my tbs 6981 tuners) :
>>
>> 1. No Frequency is set.
>>
>> 2. Frequency includes non numeric characters, only numbers 0-9 should
>> be used, no decimal point, commas etc.
>>
>> For Astra 28E2 satellite I use and only have to set Frequency and
>> Symbol Rate
>>
>> Frequency: 10714000
>>
>> Polarity: H (default)
>>
>> Symbol Rate: 22000000 (default was 27500000)
>>
>> Mod Sys: DVB-S (default)
>>
>> FEC: Auto (default)
>>
>> Modulation: QPSK (default)
>>
>> Inversion: Auto (default)
>>
>> Roll-off: 0.35 (default)
>
> I'm not even getting to the screen where I could set those values.
> It's hitting "Scan" on the screen before this one that gives the error.

The screen you need to set the tuning parameters should be shown when on
Channel Scan screen, you move down to Scan Type which by default shows
Full Scan (Tuned) and then hit the Right arrow key.

If the screen allowing Frequency etc does not appear it could be a Theme
issue, if so reply to this post.

Mike