[mythtv-users] Upgraded to Fedora 29, cannot install mythtv-plugins from rpms of master

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Fri May 24 17:57:33 UTC 2019

With Fedora 28 nearing EOL, I dnf removed my mythtv rpm packages and did
dnf system-upgrade reboot.  All went well, and all-but-one of the F29
mythtv rpms previously built from Gary's script installed happily (after
using --skip-broken) and most of mythtv works.

But mythtv-plugins fails to install; nothing provides mkisofs or
cdrecord. I have installed the rpms for xorriso and wodim, which have
put files with those names in /usr/bin, but still can't install
mythtv-plugins.  I've run ansible too.

I suppose dnf is probably looking for rpm packages with the names that
it can't find, and I could try a specfile requiring xorriso and wodim
instead of mkisofs and cdrecord - but I wonder if this is a known
problem with a preferred solution?

AFAICT xorriso and genisoimage both provide mkisofs, and wodim and
cdrskin both provide cdrecord.

John P