[mythtv-users] system program problem detected

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue May 21 14:48:12 UTC 2019

On 5/20/19 10:30 PM, Daryl McDonald wrote:
> Greetings Mythizens, lately I've been getting a notification, that a
> problem has been detected but no option for details, just report or
> cancel. Tonight (may 20th) around 8:30 pm-ish I lost contact with the
> BE, reboot at 9 pm solved it and recordings started. here is the log:
>
> http://paste.ubuntu.com/p/rJqdXnfM28/
>
> Can anyone see how I might remedy this?  TIA  Daryl

If you are using Ubuntu and you get a pop-up message that a system
problem has occurred it indicates that some process in the system has
crashed. It is likely something unrelated to mythtv. You can click on
the "more information" to see what crashed. You can also look in
/var/crash, which is where the dumps are stored. If that does not show a
mythtv process, then you can either ignore the message or try to fix the
process that has been crashing.