[mythtv-users] Remote and blaster without LIRC?

Don Brett dlbrett at zoominternet.net
Mon May 20 16:24:24 UTC 2019

Apologies to those that previously answered my remote questions months
ago....I got distracted with other stuff and just got back to this.

I have a new build with Ubuntu-Mate 18.04 installed, mostly working
well.  I followed various instructions to drop LIRC and use ir-keytable
instead; took some doing, but the remote is working well now.  But, my
previous blaster script depended on LIRC, which is no longer installed.

What's the current method of choice for blasters?  Do I need to
re-install some part of LIRC, or is there a non-LIRC script to consider?

Don

---