[mythtv-users] Switching from SchedulesDirect to EIT

Tom Harris thom.j.harris at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 04:49:07 UTC 2019

On Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 1:17 PM John Pilkington <johnpilk222 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 11/03/2019 19:45, Tom Harris wrote:
> > My MythTV usage is now entirely for broadcast OTA channels, and I was
> > attempting to switch my guide data to be EIT sourced.   But, I haven't
> > had any luck in retrieving guide data.   Is there some trick to using
> EIT?
> >
> > I'm on MythTV 0.28, and my tuner is an HDHomeRun Prime
> >
> > - I changed the schedule source in mythtv-setup
> > - I marker the channels "useonairguide" in mythweb settings.
>
> First, have you seen https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/EIT ?
>
> Latest edit is nearly 4 years old, so treat with caution.

Yeah, that's one of the sources of EIT info I was using, and I have my
video source set to
"Listings grabber: Transmitted guide data only (EIT)" as it describes
there.  But, in my setup screens, I don't see any options for active vs
passive scans.

In the UK, using dvb-t, each tuner has a 'use for active EIT scan' box.
> I don't know if this applies to HomeRun hardware, but I recently found
> that I needed to have that enabled for one, and preferably only one, tuner.

I have tweaked all the settings I could find.   But, no luck.
I have read other reports of EIT usage with HDhomerun devices, but I'm
beginning to doubt it.   It's a QAM (cable) device, and maybe the EIT data
is not mirrored into the cable transmission.

In any case, I decided to not mess with it and just renewed schedulesdirect
instead.