[mythtv-users] Switching from SchedulesDirect to EIT

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 20:17:15 UTC 2019

On 11/03/2019 19:45, Tom Harris wrote:
> My MythTV usage is now entirely for broadcast OTA channels, and I was
> attempting to switch my guide data to be EIT sourced.   But, I haven't
> had any luck in retrieving guide data.   Is there some trick to using EIT?
>
> I'm on MythTV 0.28, and my tuner is an HDHomeRun Prime
>
> - I changed the schedule source in mythtv-setup
> - I marker the channels "useonairguide" in mythweb settings.

First, have you seen https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/EIT ?

Latest edit is nearly 4 years old, so treat with caution.

In the UK, using dvb-t, each tuner has a 'use for active EIT scan' box.
I don't know if this applies to HomeRun hardware, but I recently found
that I needed to have that enabled for one, and preferably only one, tuner.

John P