[mythtv-users] Shield TV Video Settings

john.baab at gmail.com john.baab at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 16:24:01 UTC 2019

What settings is everyone using on their Shield TVs?  My content is
mainly from US based HDHomerun CC's.  A large majority of my channels
are h264 now, but I still have a few mpeg2 ones sticking around.

The recommended settings on the wiki didn't work well for the mpeg2 content:
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Android

So I ended up going with a modified version of the 2nd entry:
Decoder: Android MediaCodec decoder
Video Render: opengl
Deinterlacers: Disabled

My understanding is that the MediaCodec automagically deinterlaces,
and I saw some studdering with deinterlacers enabled.  I haven't had a
chance to compare the different opengl options to see if one works
better than the other.