[mythtv-users] Daily mythfilldatabase fails after conversion to XMLTV

Ken Mandelberg km at mathcs.emory.edu
Sat Mar 2 21:44:57 UTC 2019

I recently converted from DataDirect to XMLTV. If I run mythfilldatabase
by hand it works. But the daily version fails. The backend log shows

2019-03-02 08:14:18.077579 D [1475/1475] CoreContext
backendhousekeeper.cpp:686 (DoCheckRun) - MythFillDatabase scheduled to
run at Sat Mar 2 13:18:31 2019 GMT.

and then the  status page shows

Last mythfilldatabase run started on Sat Mar 2, 8:19 AM and ended on Sat
Mar 2, 8:19 AM. FAILED: XMLTV grabber returned error code 1.
Suggested next mythfilldatabase run: Sun Mar 3, 8:19 AM.
There's guide data until 2019-03-21 01:30:00 (19 days).
DataDirect Status: Unavailable with SD JSON XMLTV

There is no obvious log for mythfilldatabase itself or the grabber.

My first thought is PATH. The grabbers are in /usr/bin and the build is
is in /usr/local (I build the trunk). Since everything else works, I
don't think its the execution PATH. Maybe its some library thats in my
login environment but not in myths daemon.

Thoughts?