[mythtv-users] Videos in database not appearing in UI

Dave Badia dbadia at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 03:07:44 UTC 2019

Ok, finally found a way to make this work.  The problem was in the way I
set the storage group directory in mythtv-setup.
I was setting a root directory with some other intermediate directories
between the actual episode directories, like this:

**My original, broken video storage group:
SG -> /mnt/jj/media/videos
                                 |-> TV
                                      |-> Kids
                                            |-> Lab Rats - episode files
                                            |-> Phineas and Ferb - episode
files
                                      |-> Parents
                                            |-> B - episode files
                                            |-> C - episode files

Once I defined multiple storage groups, right above the episode directors,
directories got picked up:

**Updated, working storage groups:
SG -> /mnt/jj/media/videos/TV/Kids
                                 |-> Lab Rats - episode files
                                 |-> Phineas and Ferb - episode files
SG -> /mnt/jj/media/videos/TV/Parents
                                 |-> B - episode files
                                 |-> C - episode files

Still having some metadata issues, but I should be able to fix those by
brushing up on the expected filename format from the wiki:
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythVideo_File_Parsing

For the record, I also cleaned up some old FE data in the settings table.
Didn't see to change anything, but you never know...

Thanks for the suggestions, the wife will be happy we can back to watching
her series (we stopped in the middle due to this)