[mythtv-users] Videos in database not appearing in UI

Dave Badia dbadia at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 02:35:48 UTC 2019

Been running with debug enabled, but I have too many videos for me to
interpret anything. I've paired down the content in my video dir from 5800+
to 450, I may pair it down further.

But I have noticed
1.  Lots of duplicates in the videometadata table for the same file and
hash.  Typically 4 or 5 for a single file.  This seems odd, not sure what a
valid reason would be to have multiple rows for the same file.
2.  I have a TV series (C) which has 6 episodes on disk.  All 6 are in the
videometadata table multiple times. But only Episode 3 shows up in the UI.
What makes it different in the DB is that it has a non-zero inetref and
metadata in it's row.  This series has contenttype=TELEVISION
3. I have a another TV series (B) which has 10 episodes on disk and shows
contenttype=MOVIE in videometadata.  All have a zero inetref and no
metadata.  But, the UI shows episodes  3, 6, 7, and 10.  I don't see any
obvious differences in the DB for the episodes that appear vs those that
don't for this series.

I need to keep digging but it's getting late.
I'm curious to see if I add an inetref for the other C series episodes if
they will suddenly show up.
I also need to look into how the UI gets it's video listings in storage
group mode.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/attachments/20190624/4224e59f/attachment.html>

More information about the mythtv-users mailing list