[mythtv-users] MCE/HID remote double events

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 16:48:00 UTC 2019

On Tue, Jun 18, 2019 at 11:35 AM Stephen Worthington <
stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Jun 2019 09:19:28 -0700, you wrote:
>
> >I tried stopping all the lirc-related services and removing the lirc
> >package. No luck. Any other ideas?
> >
> >Zach
>
> The only other thing I can think of is if you have some strange event
> config in your X setup.  I have never used events in X so I do not
> know much about it, but I believe it is possible to do configuration
> for it in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.
>
> And have a look in /var/log/mythtv/mythfrontend.log to see if there is
> anything there that tells you where mythfrontend could be getting
> extra keystrokes or events from.

Also, keep in mind, the reason most people do not use this configuration is
because that every keycode over 128 is not valid under X - hence the reason
to use lirc and and the kernel device.

Sorry - *very old* X limitation..  Now, I cannot confirm if Wayland has
gotten around this as I cannot run Wayland yet du to cut/copy/paste issues
I need to work efficiently..

-Greg