[mythtv-users] BE3 - Issues with installation and database

Barry Martin barry3martin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 19:10:07 UTC 2019

Hi Jay!
> It does indeed have Gbit ethernet as well as 802.11ac on 5Ghz radios, however the speeds are hobbled due to them being on the USB 2.0 bus. Of note, I haven?t seen more than about 140 mbps over the Gbit  connection.

I had sort of forgotten about the potential hobbling of the RPi’s
Ethernet by being on the USB 2.0 line.  I have an earlier version (RPi
3) which I am using as a Frontend  with one of my older Backends.  With
the 2.4 GHz WiFi connection the audio and video stuttered but using its
100 Mbps wired port no problems. Several differences between my PRi 3
and RPi 3 B+) including SD card, versions, and the older one does have a
USB mouse connected.

Will play with new Pi (B+) after the current project.

Barry