[mythtv-users] Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD TV Tuner Card 1609 and Pixelation

Barry Martin barry3martin at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 00:02:02 UTC 2019

Hi Folks!

I am considering building a new Backend and wondering if the current
tuners are better at compensating for varying signal conditions than the
old ones. Specifically I’m considering the Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD TV
Tuner Card (1609) versus reusing my old HVR-1600 and HVR2250.

I have issues with pixelation: have tweaked the incoming signal to the
best of my ability; problem is definitely wind and moving tree branches.
Am wondering if a newer tuner (later generation) is able to handle
fluctuating signal levels better than the older tuners (early
generation). I realize no one can give a 100% answer as reception
depends on a number of factors. I’m located in the U.S., so ATSC and OTA.

Thanks!

Barry