[mythtv-users] Fwd: Re: channel4 hd has no eit

John jksjdevelop at gmail.com
Sun Dec 29 16:37:06 UTC 2019

On 29/12/2019 16:19, UB40D wrote:
> For reasons unknown, Channel 4 HD does not appear to have EIT beyond
> the program currently being broadcast. I have tried doing a rescan and
> this didn' t fix things. I confirm I can "watch TV" and see Channel 4
> HD without problems. So the questions:
>
> 1) What should I do to get EIT for Channel 4 HD?
>
> 2) While things aren' t working, is it possible for me to schedule a
> recording based on the Channel 4 EIT and then edit it to say it should
> record from Channel 4 HD instead? I was not able to find a way to do
> that from the regular interface.

On Freesat Channel 4 HD does indeed have no EIT

One solution is to copy the EIT from channel 4 using
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Cross-eit.py

I run this once a day using cron

I vaguely remember the result being one hour offset, presumably it
doesn't handle the clocks changing correctly.

This line may need attention

date = dateobj # + datetime.timedelta(seconds=time.altzone)