[mythtv-users] Shield TV OpenSLES vs. AudioTrack?

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 16:07:55 UTC 2019

On the Android Mythtv wiki it suggests for the Shield TV that you should
use AudioTrack in the audio options instead of OpenSLES.

However, when I switch from OpenSLES to AudioTrack I get audio that
breaks up and goes mute. OpenSLES seems to work fine.  I'm on
mythtv-frontend for android v31-pre 539 with a backend that is V30.

Should I just keep using OpenSLES or is there something else wrong with
my settings?

I've followed the Wiki as closely as I can for the Shield.

My Shield TV is connected to my Samsung UHD 4K via HDMI and the TV sends
the audio via optical cable to my AV Receiver. It's a 5.1 speaker system
and Samsung says they send out the audio from TV to AV Receiver in DTS
format.

Jim A