[mythtv-users] Switching frontends to different backends failing

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 14:47:12 UTC 2019

I'm doing some testing since it's too cold to go outside.  I have a
production V30 backend that does all my normal recording of OTA Network
shows using a PCIe tuner.

Under test I have a RPI4 V30 backend recording from a HDHR Quatro and
I've had some show breakups that I know are not antenna problems. It's
either HDHR or network issues.

So to test this out I have to switch my Shield TV Mythtv Frontend (v31
Pre 539) to the RPI4 from the production backend but it fails.

On the Shield TV I can switch Mythtv Leanfront v0-86 just by changing
the IP address and refreshing.  Same with Kodi 18.5.

On the Shield TV Mythtv Frontend I change the IP and the password for
the mythconverg database but it fails to connect even after a restart.
So I'm assuming I'm missing a step.

The RP4 had it's mythconverg setup with the following commands in a script:

CREATE DATABASE IF NOT EXISTS mythconverg;
CREATE USER IF NOT EXISTS 'mythtv'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'mythtv';
CREATE USER IF NOT EXISTS 'mythtv'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'mythtv';
SET PASSWORD FOR 'mythtv'@'%' = PASSWORD('$mythtv_password');
SET PASSWORD FOR 'mythtv'@'localhost' = PASSWORD('$mythtv_password');
CONNECT mythconverg;
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'mythtv'@'%' WITH GRANT OPTION;
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'mythtv'@'localhost' WITH GRANT OPTION;
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
EXIT

And the /etc/mysql/mariadb.conf.d/mythtv.cnf has the '#' removed from
the bind-address statement.

Anyone know the missing piece??

Jim A