[mythtv-users] Experimental Android TV "leanback" MythTV frontend

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Sun Aug 25 14:53:46 UTC 2019

On 8/24/19 2:12 PM, David Engel wrote:
> I forgot to add this in my other email.  When I run leanfront, all it
> is crash.  This is with your pre-built package.  After I enter my
> backend's IP address and exit the settings, leanfront exits back to
> the Android, home screen after a few seconds.  After that, every
> launch attempt immediately returns to the Android, home screen.  I can
> provide an adb log if you like.
I fear there is very little error handling at the moment. An adb log
would hopefully tell me what is wrong. I need to fix the error handling.

One possibility occurred to me - I have only tested it against master
backend. There may be differences in the API calls in earlier versions
that could cause a crash. What version of backend did you use? Also did
you make sure the backend was running?

If you cannot get back in you can delete application data and then it
will go through setup again.

Peter