[mythtv-users] Experimental Android TV "leanback" MythTV frontend

David Engel david at istwok.net
Sat Aug 24 18:12:59 UTC 2019

On Wed, Aug 21, 2019 at 03:17:46PM -0400, Peter Bennett wrote:
> I am developing a pure android application for Android TV devices called
> android-MythTV-Leanfront.
>
> It uses the android TV leanback user interface as used by other apps such as
> youtube, prime video, etc. to play MythTV recordings.
>
> It supports 4K resolution video at 50 fps and voice search, which are not
> working on mythfrontend for android. Also it supports surround sound.
>
> It does not yet support many of the important features of Mythfrontend, and
> some features it may never support.
>
> See https://github.com/bennettpeter/android-MythTV-Leanfront for more
> details

I forgot to add this in my other email.  When I run leanfront, all it
is crash.  This is with your pre-built package.  After I enter my
backend's IP address and exit the settings, leanfront exits back to
the Android, home screen after a few seconds.  After that, every
launch attempt immediately returns to the Android, home screen.  I can
provide an adb log if you like.

David
--
David Engel