[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase, new HdHr Quatro box, and EPG

Jay Harbeston jharbestonus at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 16:42:56 UTC 2019

> Hmmm, I'm a little confused about the virtual connections.  To be sure we're talking about the same issue:
>
> Each tuner can tune a single channel.  Each channel can provide multiple streams.  We should be able to record multiple shows, simultaneously on any given channel, using a single tuner.  As an example, I have a channel that provides 5 streams, so I should be able to record all 5 at the same time, on the same tuner, rather that recording each with a separate tuner.  The channel is:
>
> Channel 23_1 on Freq 22 called ION
> Channel 23_2 on Freq 22 called Qubo
> Channel 23_3 on Freq 22 called Shop
> Channel 23_5 on Freq 22 called QVC
> Channel 23_6 on Freq 22 called HSN
>
> Is this correct?  But, I don't see a way to create the virtual connections.  How is it done?

Yes that is correct, You would go into each input connection in mythtv-setup where you tied Ant-1 to each of the 4 tuners, and set the virtual tuners to 3 to 5. I use 4. You will need to do this for each of the 4 input connections you defined earlier. That will let you record those multiples above on the same physical tuner.

I am not sure exactly where the setting is, as I have to explore through the menus in the input connections setup when I have had to make changes.

Regards!