[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase, new HdHr Quatro box, and EPG

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 16:41:55 UTC 2019

> Hmmm, I'm a little confused about the virtual connections.  To be sure
> we're talking about the same issue:
>
> Each tuner can tune a single channel.  Each channel can provide
> multiple streams.  We should be able to record multiple shows,
> simultaneously on any given channel, using a single tuner.  As an
> example, I have a channel that provides 5 streams, so I should be able
> to record all 5 at the same time, on the same tuner, rather that
> recording each with a separate tuner.  The channel is:
>
> Channel 23_1 on Freq 22 called ION
> Channel 23_2 on Freq 22 called Qubo
> Channel 23_3 on Freq 22 called Shop
> Channel 23_5 on Freq 22 called QVC
> Channel 23_6 on Freq 22 called HSN
>
> Is this correct?  But, I don't see a way to create the virtual
> connections.  How is it done?
>
> Don

The way I do it is to define one HDHR tuner for each tuner I want to use
from the list available.  i.e. I define only 2 tuners for my HDHR quatro
because I want 2 left open for other Smart TVs, etc.

Then when defining the Input Connections.  Under interactions between
inputs, I set Max Recordings to however many streams I want from a
single channel.  So for me to record 23_1 and 23_2 at the same time on
the same single tuner I set the Max Recording to 2.

I haven't used that feature in a long time, but I'll test it on my dev.
system and let you know if I'm wrong.

Jim A