[mythtv-users] Metadata problem

glen glenb at glenb.us
Sat Aug 3 14:38:11 UTC 2019

On Sat, 2019-08-03 at 10:10 -0400, Peter Bennett wrote:

>     On 8/3/19 9:55 AM, glen wrote:
>

> >       starting yesterday i get no metadata artwork on tv shows
> >         only. in looking into it, i find that in the recording rule
> >         under metadata i have an inet reference number that is
> > correct
> >         but when i go to find online content button, it runs for a
> > while
> >         and i get 'no image found'. i then ran mythmetadatalookup
> >         --refresh-all-artwork. that went for a long time. i also
> > ran
> >         mythmetadatalookup --refresh-all. the result of that was
> > that
> >         metadata that was showing was now not showing. metadata for
> > much
> >         older shows still is there.
> >

> >       i have changed nothing that would effect permissions in the
> >         directories called out for artwork. testing on a fresh
> > recording
> >         this morning, in metadata options in recording rule, it
> > obtains
> >         the inet number but again does not find or retreive any
> > artwork.
> >

> >       i am on arch linux and rebuilt the mythtv-git package which
> >         corresponds to 30 fixes branch.
> >

> >       i am at a loss to know the next steps to try to troubleshoot
> >         this issue. any help is appreciate. thanks.
> >

> >       _______________________________________________
> >

>     I was also having problems yesterday. It seemed that the website
> https://www.thetvdb.com/ was
>     not responding to searches. I got a '502' error when searching.
>     Hopefully that will be sorted out by now.

thanks for the help. i don't know where to look for the '502' error.
but i am still having same behaviour this morning.i thought it might be
the website/api, but when i look i see all the artwork on a search on
their site. i would need thecommand that is run when i click the find
online coverart in metadata options in the recording rule editor to see
exactlywhat happens and what is returned.