[mythtv-users] rpm build of master for el7: fails to build plugins

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 13:26:35 UTC 2018

On 20/09/18 00:32, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 10:24 PM John Pilkington <johnpilk222 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> This is probably a hint to your problem:
>
>> DEBUG util.py:490:  BUILDSTDERR: Failed to synchronize cache for repo
> 'gtb-libvpx', disabling.   <-################
>
> COPRs (just like the some of the other repos) come from
> an infrastructure that is not extremely highly redundant
> (i.e. a scheduled outage(*), or a network glitch(*),
> or a dns glitch(*), or really any glitch(*) can result in
> failure to pull the repo data).  I would run again to
> see if the results are different this time.
>

> (*) There are numerous lists you could subscribe to
> to track these outages.  I usually recommend you just
> retry the next morning, as you tend to have no way to
> actually participate in fixing any of the other issues.

Thanks for that explanation.  Yes, after a repeat run I now have a
complete set of rpms for CentOS 7.  Currently building for f27 too
before I try installing them on the SL7x production box.  But IIUC the
ancient intel Q33 video hardware there doesn't do vaapi, so I'm not
expecting any major improvement.  Just hoping for binary compatibility...

John