[mythtv-users] Kernel 4.18 regression with some tuners

Devin Heitmueller dheitmueller at kernellabs.com
Mon Sep 10 15:22:04 UTC 2018

Hi Adam,

On Mon, Sep 10, 2018 at 10:18 AM, Adam Stylinski
<kungfujesus06 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 08, 2018 at 07:23:02PM -0400, Devin Heitmueller wrote:
>> > I recently upgraded from kernel 4.17.1 to 4.18.6 and found out that I could no longer tune to any channels.  The channel scan in the mythtv-setup program would give me a non-sense error when trying
> Hmm, I emailed them but haven't seen much of a response yet:
> https://www.mail-archive.com/linux-media@vger.kernel.org/msg134848.html
>
> Admittedly, the email had a couple of typos (I sent it while rushing out of the house).  Still, oddly silent.

Not too odd, unfortunately.  The cx88 is a pretty old card.  The last
time I did any work on it I had to dig around quite a bit to even find
a PC that still had a PCI slot for testing/debug.

It would be very useful to know if you see any difference in behavior
with the stock command line DVB tools.  Does azap report different
results between the two kernels?

My guess is that either the DVBv3 API got broken through some subtle
change in error handling, or it's something specific to that hardware
design (i.e. cx88 with the lgdt3303).

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs