[mythtv-users] HDPVR, Sonoff and find-zero-byte.pl

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 13:44:07 UTC 2018

On Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 11:20 PM Rajil Saraswat <rajil.s at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My HDPVR frequently locks up with a message "config call request for
> value 0x800 returned -110". The MythTV wiki points that a device called
> HDPVR-Killer used to exists which could power cycle the devices. I
> intend to use ESP8266 chip Sonoff device [1] to powercycle the HDPVR.
> However, I would like to use the find-zero-byte.pl [2] script from the
> hdpvr-killer repo. Does anybody know whether that script works with
> v0.29 (assuming hdpvr-power on lines 125/141 is my sonoff external script)?
>

> Thanks
>

> [1] http://sonoff.itead.cc/en/products/sonoff/sonoff-basic
>
> [2]
> https://github.com/Beirdo/hdpvr-killer/blob/master/src/find-zero-byte.pl

That is very old information.  I can honestly not even remember the last
time I had to reboot a 1212.  I did find that once I moved them from the
top of my DTV receivers (which ran semi-hot), they actually have never
locked up again.  You might just make sure they have the latest firmware -
well, I use:

hdpvr 1-1.3:1.0: firmware version 0x1e dated Mar  7 2012 08:25:15

It has been rock solid for me.

-Greg