[mythtv-users] HDPVR, Sonoff and find-zero-byte.pl

Rajil Saraswat rajil.s at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 04:19:21 UTC 2018

Hi,

My HDPVR frequently locks up with a message "config call request for
value 0x800 returned -110". The MythTV wiki points that a device called
HDPVR-Killer used to exists which could power cycle the devices. I
intend to use ESP8266 chip Sonoff device [1] to powercycle the HDPVR.
However, I would like to use the find-zero-byte.pl [2] script from the
hdpvr-killer repo. Does anybody know whether that script works with
v0.29 (assuming hdpvr-power on lines 125/141 is my sonoff external script)?

Thanks

[1] http://sonoff.itead.cc/en/products/sonoff/sonoff-basic

[2] https://github.com/Beirdo/hdpvr-killer/blob/master/src/find-zero-byte.pl