[mythtv-users] Dual digital audio outputs

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 20:53:41 UTC 2018

On 05/11/18 20:02, Allen Edwards wrote:
> Does anyone know what is wrong with my asound.conf file?  Did I put it
> in the wrong place?  I think it should work, or would have worked at
> some point in the past at least.

I gave an indirect reference to paprefs earlier and you said you had
tried it but couldn't recommend it.  This was the website that I had
seen.  The screenshots look a lot like what I see on my Fedora box
although I don't think it's actually using paprefs.

"Add virtual output device for simultaneous output on all local sound cards"

You have to do that and then make it your default device.

https://www.maketecheasier.com/play-sound-through-multiple-devices-linux/

I have no way of trying it myself, but it looks as if it could be true.

John