[mythtv-users] Dual digital audio outputs

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 20:02:37 UTC 2018

Does anyone know what is wrong with my asound.conf file?  Did I put it in
the wrong place?  I think it should work, or would have worked at
some point in the past at least.

I did a test with an asound.conf file

pcm.!default {
type plug
slave {
pcm "hw:0,1"
format S32_LE
}
}

This file worked under mythbuntu8 so I know it is valid.  But with this
file in asound.conf and ASLA default selected, I still got HDMI audio and
no spdif.  Pretty much seems like my asound.conf file was ignored and Pulse
just did its thing. Without the ability to have an alsa config file live, I
don't see how I can get this to work on two digital outputs.

Things change and stuff that used to work quits working.  I find it
frustrating and without this support group, MythTV would be unusable IMHO.

Allen