[mythtv-users] Lossless transcode for MPEG4 recordings?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 14:22:17 UTC 2018

On Sun, Nov 4, 2018 at 9:49 AM Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:

> I ran this as a user job after recording. You may have to change it for
> your environment, it has some out of date things and some things
> specific to my setup.
>

> https://github.com/bennettpeter/mythscripts/blob/master/install/opt/mythtv/bin/userjob_mkv.sh

Thanks Peter... I'll give it a try. I tried lossless_cut but it doesn't
seem to be able to find the python bindings on 0.29 so I guess it needs
some patching.

There really should be an "official" way of handling this situation...

I saw it referenced notify.py so I copied it over too... What needs to be
in mythtv.conf? I see it's sourced near the beginning of the script.

Thanks,
Richard