[mythtv-users] Mythtv, Plex, and watched status

Michael mythtv at blandford.net
Thu Mar 29 16:14:59 UTC 2018

Hello All,

In my household, we primarily watch TV using Mythtv on the big screen
and plex on the phones and tablets.

One of the pain points is knowing what shows have already been watched
on one platform and those that have not.

Is there anything that can manage the watched status in mythv and keep
it in sync with plex or vice versa?

I found something called trakt that some are using with Plex, Kodi, etc,
but I don't see any mention of support for mythtv.    I also don't
really need to send my viewing data to an external party.

I would be happy if there was a script that could read from the mythtv
database and push watched status to plex or vice versa.

Has anyone tackled this problem?

Michael