[mythtv-users] EOL for MythArchive, MythZoneminder, MythBrowser and MythMusic Re: linking mythtv with zoneminder live view

Jack McGee jack at greendesk.net
Mon Mar 26 00:55:35 UTC 2018

On 03/25/2018 05:15 AM, Paul Harrison wrote:

> The plan is remove all the plugins and the frontend but leave the
> backend for now. We will be removing them next Sunday for ALL versions.
>
> This will allow us to concentrate on the backend and the Services API
> that 3rd parties can use.
>
> What do you think? Good plan?

I think I will not upgrade past .29 if that happens.  I am not aware of
any other frontend with the capability of mythfrontend.

Unless you have the buy in of others to improve or create new front ends
ahead of this, I think it will kill Mythtv.

I have used the KODI plugin and it handles live TV and recordings in
progress much better than my installation of mythfrontend, but other
than those use cases, I am using mythfrontend because it is superior in
all other regards, for me.